Movember – And I Got A Head Start! Comments Off
So you’ve decided to be awesome.
You’re about to embark on a mission that will not only change your face, but also the face of men’s health. It’s natural to have questions, to wonder if you have the sheer strength of will to make the world a better place.
Fear not, Mo Soldier. We have the answers that you sorely crave.
How to participate
1. Before you do anything, sign up. Do it now. Seriously.
2. Tell your friends. Ask them to pledge you, or, if you think they have the testosterone, challenge them to grow their mo’ as well.
3. Spread the word as much as you can, through your blog, through the mail, or by spelling out “GROW YOUR MO” in skywriting.
4. On Movember 1, shave your mo’ for the last time until December, and prepare yourself for the adoration of a hero.
At the end of Movember, come together with your Mo’ Bros and celebrate a job well done at the Mo Bash on November 30 at the Gladstone Hotel in Toronto. (Barrows will definitely hold their own party somewhere, all participants will be welcome)We’ll do a Vancouver version of this party if any of you cats can actually grow whiskers.
1. Once registered, each Mo Bro must begin on the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven visage. Five-oâ€™clock shadows at 10 am are considered â€˜false starts.â€™ (participants will have to take their own ones and mail them no later than 11am on the 1st)
2. Each gentlemanâ€™s moustache must, through the entire month of Movember, adhere to the following guidelines:
a. At no time shall the aforementioned â€˜moâ€™ join the sideburns â€” thatâ€™s a beard.
b. At no time shall the gentlemanâ€™s chin hair overshadow the Moâ€™s brilliance, nor may it join at the sides of the Mo â€” thatâ€™s a goatee.
c. For gentlemen who crave balance above all things, we will permit growth of a patch of the manâ€™s own design under his bottom lip (aka a soul patch).
d. At no point may a gentlemanâ€™s eyebrows connect to the moustache. We most definitely do not endorse this.
3. Failure to observe these guidelines will, at the complete discretion of the Movember Committee, result in an embarrassing ejection from further Movember activities, including the Gala PartÃ©. You do not desire this.
4. The Movember Committee accepts no responsibility for requests of heroism, increased female affection resulting in the alienation of girlfriends, increased senses of self-satisfaction, or any other of the potential side-effects of sporting a Movember mo.
Spread The Word
The best way to tell the world about how youâ€™re going to change it is word of MOuth. Tell your buddies, your brothers, your fathers, your grandfathers, your uncles and your cousins about the cause. Tell them youâ€™re a Moâ€™ Bro/Sista, and they should be Bros/Sistas too.
Be forewarned, they may object; they may resist. You’re likely to hear things like:
“Mine will look ugly.” “My office wonâ€™t allow it.” “My girlfriend/wife/casual bed-friend has banned moustaches from our common living space.”
Stand strong Brothers and Sistas. Be brave
This WILL get interesting…